Av. Sevcen CAN & Av. Yasemin ÇORAK
In our previous article, we explained the obligations of data controller (Please see…). In this article, we will explain the rights of data subjects. We have clarified the concepts of data subject and data controller in our related article; (Please see…).
The Rights of Data Subject:
Each person (not limited to data subject) has the right to apply to the controller and
– to learn whether his personal datas are being processed or not,
– to request information if his personal data is being processing,
– to learn the purpose of his personal data processing and whether this data is being used for intended purposes,
– to know the third parties to whom his personal data is transferred in the country or abroad,
– to request the rectification of the incomplete or inaccurate data, if any,
– to request to erasure or destruction of his personal data,
– to request notification of the rectification, erasure or destruction to the third parties to whom personal data has been transferred,
– to object to the processing, exclusively by automatic means of his personal data, which leads to an unfavourable consequence for the data subject,
– to request compensation for the damage arising from the unlawful processing of his personal data.
Data subjects shall seek their rights through application to the controller or complaint to the Board. In our next article, we will explain the application and complaint methods for seeking rights of data subject.
iletisim: [email protected]